- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, 1995
Major: Physiology of Exercise
Ph.D. Dissertation: The Effects of Exercise-Related Peptide F Elevation on Human B-Cell Activation
- M.S., Appalachian State University, 1989
Major: Exercise Science
- B.S., Wake Forest University, 1987
Major: Health & Sport Science
- Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Strength and Conditioning
- Neuromuscular and Endocrine Exercise Physiology
- Aging and Physical Activity
- Theoretical Principles of Strength and Conditioning (Graduate)
- Analysis of Sport Performance (Graduate)
- Human Physiology Laboratory (Undergraduate)
- Exercise Physiology (Undergraduate)
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
- American College of Sports Medicine (1987-2018)
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (1988-1989)
- Certified Phlebotomist; General Venipuncture/Catheterization
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (1988-present)
- President of the Board of Directors, 2018-2021
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with Distinction
- USA Weightlifting (1992-present)
- Certified Level 1 Coach
- Neuromuscular and Biomechanics
- Body Composition
Shaw, I., Triplett, T., and Shaw, B.S. Resistance Training and Weight Management: Rationale and Efficacy. Weight Management: Challenges and Opportunities (H.M. Heshmati, ed.), InTech Open, 2022. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.101840
Triplett NT. Advanced Program Options. ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer (6th edition, T. Musto, ed.), Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, pp. 499-523, 2021.
Triplett NT and Grieco C. Bioenergetics. NSCA’s Essentials of Personal Training (3rd edition, B. Schoenfeld and R. Snarr, eds.), Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, pp. 27-40, 2021.
Selected Journal Articles
- Gaynor-Metzinger SHA, Triplett NT, Meucci M, Fasczewski KS, Flinchum DH, and Collier SR. Central arterial stiffness, wave reflection, and heart rate variability following 4-week high-intensity resistance training intervention in young active women. European Journal of Applied Physiology (epub ahead of print), 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-022-05003-4
- Chapman M, Larumbe-Zabala E, Triplett NT, and Naclerio F. Velocity change estimation by subjective measures over a wide-load spectrum in squat and bench press. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 35 (2S), S51-S56, 2021.
- Hornsby WG, Haff GG, Suarez DG, Ramsey MW, Triplett NT, Hardee JP, Stone ME, and Stone MH. Alterations in Adiponectin, Leptin, Resistin, Testosterone and Cortisol across Eleven Weeks of Training among Division One Collegiate Throwers: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Functional Morphology and Kinesiology 5, 44, 2020.
- Chapman M, Larumbe-Zabala E, Goss-Sampson M, Triplett NT, and Naclerio F. Using perceptual and neuromuscular responses to estimate mechanical changes during continuous sets in the bench press. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 33(10), 2722-2732, 2019.
- Chapman M, Larumbe-Zabala E, Goss-Sampson M, Colpus M, Triplett NT, and Naclerio F. Perceptual, mechanical, and electromyographic responses to different relative loads in the parallel squat. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 33(1), 8-16, 2019.
- Cunanan AJ, DeWeese BH, Wagle JP, Carroll KM, Sausaman R, Hornsby III WG, Haff GG, Triplett NT, Pierce KC, and Stone MH. The general adaptation syndrome: A foundation for the concept of periodization. Sports Medicine 48(4), 787-797, 2018.
- Painter KB, Haff GG, Triplett NT, Stuart C, Hornsby G, Ramsey MW, Bazyler CD, and Stone MH. Resting hormone alterations and injuries: Block vs. DUP weight-training among D-1 track and field athletes. Sports 6(3), 1-15, 2018.
Title: Professor, PhD, Physiology of Exercise, Exercise Science Undergraduate Program Director, Graduate Faculty
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7148
Fax: (828) 262-3138